My Summer Plans


As I have mentioned many times before, I love traveling and will take any chance I get to travel. So, with summer coming in the next couple months, I decided to print calendars for the months of May, June, July and August in order to get organized. Although the summer I planned contains multiple trips within four months, who knows if all of them will happen. I know plans can often fall through, but for now, I am hopeful this summer will be one filled with vacations with family and friends. 

May
I am done with my freshman year of college in the second week of May (where did the time go?) so, I started my planning early in the month. The first trip, although it be a short one, is driving to Sandusky to visit Cedar Point for a day or two. I am currently in the process of trying to convince Marie and Felicia to go with me, but Felicia is not the biggest fan of roller coasters and Marie doesn’t want to go with just me. Tickets are on sale right now, which I always like to take advantage of, so I will keep bothering them until they give me an answer. Whether they decide to go with me or not, you will find me at Cedar Point at some point during May, no matter what. Shortly after that plan, my parents and I will be traveling to Washington, D.C. to see my brother graduate from college. It is surreal to me to think Tommy will be a real adult in a few months, but I cannot wait to see where the future takes him and I am excited to share this event with my family. Then, almost right when I get back from Tommy’s graduation, I am leaving for a road trip with my grandma. We try to take some sort of trip every summer and this year, we decided to drive through North and South Carolina for a week. I have never been to either of these states so I am ready to check them off of my list. 

June
I am starting June off strong by going to Cincinnati for three days to attend the Bunbury Music Festival. I have gone to this festival three times before this and I am excited to go again this year because The Chainsmokers, Post Malone, Young the Giant and many other artists I love will be there to perform. Felicia, Marie and I bought tickets for Kelly’s birthday back in January and I can’t wait for this weekend. Later in June, I am running an art camp with Marie for my work for two weeks, which I did last summer as well. But, the best part of it is at the end of both of these weeks, I have orientation as a Good News Bear here at Ohio Northern. As a Good News Bear, I will be guiding the new students through their day of orientation, so you could say these two weeks are going to be long. By the end, I am going to be worn out, so I am trying to convince Marie to spend the following weekend at her lake house so I can relax for a few days before going back to work. That is all June consists of, but I have a feeling those two weeks of work will keep me busy enough to make up for the rest of the month.

July
As of right now, my plans for July are not set in stone, except for my trip to Atlanta. This past January, I had the opportunity to travel to Atlanta with my boss to attend AmericasMart, which is a wholesale market for stores in the United States. She decided to take me again, along with Marie, to help her shop for merchandise for her store and get ideas for things to do in the store. I learned a lot in Atlanta last time, so I am looking forward to this trip again. After Atlanta, I am hoping to fly to San Francisco with my family and spend a week there adventuring. This trip is not for sure yet, though, because my dad applied to attend a conference there and if he gets it, we will go, but if he doesn’t, we might go somewhere else. Since my mom took off work for that week, and it is my birthday, she said we would go somewhere no matter what, it just might not be San Francisco. Although any chance to travel is great, I would love to take a trip out there, so mom, if you’re reading this, think about how amazing San Francisco is! After my family vacation to wherever we end up, my big, Karlyn, told me she wants to take a trip to Canada to celebrate our birthdays. I do now know how well this will work out, but for now, I am waiting to hear more about her plan to see if I will go. For the remainder of July, I do not have any plans and will be relaxing before the month I go back to school.

August
This month means my sophomore year of college will be starting, so I am anticipating just working and hanging out with friends until I leave for school. I also will be going back to Ohio Northern a week before everyone else moves in because I am an Orientation Leader. This position is similar to Good News Bear, but it is a full week with the same group of new students. It is going to be a long week, but I am looking forward to getting to know my group of new students along with spending time with my fellow Orientation Leaders. Once that week is over, my summer is also over and I am back to the college grind.

Along with all of these plans I have, I will also have to fit in working and hanging out with friends from home, but I am not too worried about it. I have always been good at balancing my home and work life and I do not think this summer will be an exception to this. I have never loved summertime, but for once, I am looking forward to all this summer has to offer and will be enjoying my last summer without worrying about an internship.

Comments

  1. Erin,

    You are so lucky! You truly are going to have an amazing summer! Especially since you are going to be a Good News Bear! No bias in that statement at all... I really wish I had the opportunity to take advantage of the time off in summer to travel and have fun but in reality, I never truly have time off. Plus, my boyfriend is the only person I am close enough with to take with me, but sometimes he can be a stick in the mud. Right now, the most exciting part of my summer involves working as a graphic design intern with Thirty-One Gifts. That is if I get the job. It is sad to think my summer would be exciting if I spent it all working!

    I guess what I am trying to say is I am really glad you have the opportunity to really make the best out of your summer. Not many people have that opportunity so take advantage of it while you can!

    All the best,
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to be such an amazing planner! I can only imagine how well organized you are. The adventures you seem to be going on is definitely something to be jealous of. I sincerely hope everything goes according to plan and everything you have laid out gets accomplished. Your summer really sounds like a great one. Here's to counting down the days until we're all able to leave and begin our own summers to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are more organized in 3 months than I am in a single day lol. But it's really cool that you have so many opportunities for traveling and staying busy this summer! My summer consists of working and working some more. I'm super excited to be a good news bear with you, see you then!!!! Also I hope your friends come through for cedar point cause I love that place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so exciting! I am usually such a planner, and I'm going slightly crazy right now because I don't have a job solidified for the summer yet, so I can't plan anything! AH! It's fun to dream big though and think of all the fun things I could possibly do. My goal is to visit Chicago for the first time. It's great you have plans to visit so many places though! Take advantage of your time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts