I Have a Little Sister!



As cheesy as it is, I have been looking forward to getting a little in Alpha Xi ever since I got my big, Karlyn, last year. I have always wanted a little sister but instead, all I had was my older brother, Tommy. The idea of having a “little sister” was one of the top reasons I decided to actually join a sorority and I only got more excited after getting my big and seeing how close we became after the reveal. So, going into recruitment this year, my roommate and I were determined to find littles. Felicia and I have always joked that whenever we get littles, they will have both of us as their bigs, so this was another factor going into who we would end up with. We had our eye on one throughout all of recruitment, but as for the second, we were kind of clueless. It didn’t last for long, though, because on bid day we knew we had found the perfect fits into both of our families, Zoe and Cassie.

The best part of it is we had two new members we thought would fit well with both of us, but we didn’t quite know which pair would be the best option. While we were trying to decide which
to take, little did we know they were doing the exact same thing. You could say it is a good thing, I just find it hilarious they were trying to decide at the same time; good thing they agreed with us!! It soon became obvious how the pairs should be matched, almost too obvious. This is when Felicia and I realized we needed to have a little fun with Cassie and Zoe so they would be surprised on the day of reveal. We decided to tell the girls we were taken off the list and we weren’t eligible to get littles anymore. This was pretty evil of us, but trust me, it was worth it for both sides in the end.



We carefully planned out what we were going to say and texted them with our story, which they did believe at first. We did it a week in advance, so they decided to be detectives and find holes in what we told them. Felicia and I kept the act up the entire time, though, because we didn’t want to give them anymore hints than they already discovered. Felicia had to do her reveal early because she was home for her sister’s wedding on the night of actual reveal. So, when she did
her reveal for Zoe, we found out Zoe and Cassie were onto us the entire time. Zoe decided to save us, though, and told Cassie she didn’t get Felicia, so Cassie truly was clueless on the night of reveal. We did a costume reveal this year, and I decided to go with a “Wizard of Oz” theme by giving her a lion onesie, I dressed as the scarecrow, my big was the tin man and her big was Dorothy. I was hiding when Cassie came into the house and when I popped out, I don’t think I have ever seen someone so confused. It didn’t last for long because she immediately proceeded to scream, jump on me, cry and push me. You could say I got beat up, but I probably deserved it.

In summary, Felicia and I are kind of mean, but Cassie and Zoe still love us the same amount; they will probably find a way to get revenge anyways. Here’s to the little sister my parents never gave me. I love you little and second little!!


Comments

  1. I'm glad you have a little sister and someone who will look up to you here at ONU.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts